Jodie is an experienced Belleville City Councillor. Having served from 2010 to 2014, he earned the reputation of a natural leader who always stood up for low taxes and an open and accessible council. Jodie believes in a common sense and measured approach to policy decisions affecting the city and has a strong ability to work collaboratively with all levels of government.
Jodie is well-rounded in business, politics, non-profit management and communications. He is a long time Radio Broadcaster with over 20 years experience in Marketing & Communications. Jodie is currently the General Manager of 100.9FM and the Chair of the Grace Inn Homeless Shelter. Jodie spent his formative years on a 100-acre farm on Bethel Road in Thurlow and now lives in the city of Belleville where he and his wife Shauna are raising their young family.
While serving on Belleville City Council, Jodie was an active member on a variety of boards of service:
Chair of Downtown Facade Committee, Chair of University Attraction Committee, Hastings County Social Services Committee, Transit Advisory Committee, Belleville Public Library Committee, Financial Audit Committee, Historic Glanmore House, 9-1-1 Committee, and more.
In 2015, Jodie became part of a passionate group determined to open Belleville’s first emergency homeless shelter. This 21-bed shelter, The Grace Inn, is set to open later this year. Jodie is currently the chair of the board.Other community involvement includes:
- The Grace Inn Homeless Shelter, Board Chair
- Winning the Bay of Quinte Conservative Nomination
- Past Federal Candidate, Bay of Quinte Conservative Association and Vice President of their Board
- Governmental Affairs committee of the Chamber of Commerce
- Advisory Council for Quinte Health Care and past Chair of their Interim Nominations Committee
- John Howard Society Youth Advisory Board
- First Adventure Child Development Board & Family Space Quinte/Ontario Early Years Board
- Community Advocacy & Legal Clinic Board
- Co-Founder, Charity Pro-Am Golf Tournament, the first of its kind in the Region
Jodie is a long-standing radio broadcaster in Eastern Ontario and was an on-air personality with Quinte Broadcasting early on in his career. He is the General Manager of Oldies 100.9 FM, part of the MBC media network with 21 stations across Ontario that have been recognized for 5 years as One of Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies by Profit 500.
He founded “The Golf Guy” radio show, which has a loyal following of listeners throughout Ontario.
Jodie and his wife Shauna live in the heart of Belleville with their two children, Jacobie and Jubal, and a third child on the way due March 2019. They are passionate about serving their community and seeing our municipality prosper.